NFSA Food Conformity Assessment Programme
Cotecna is authorised by the National Food Safety Authority (NFSA) of Egypt to issue Certificates of Inspection for exports of regulated food and food contact products.
As a trusted partner of Egypt, Cotecna is approved to support the NFSA Food programme and perform a conformity assessment of food and beverage products.
Our role is to assess and verify the compliance of food and beverage that will be exported to Egypt in accordance with all regulations, rules and specifications approved by NFSA.
The conformity assessment programme aims to ensure the safety and security of food and reinforce consumer and client confidence in the food control authority.
NFSA List of Regulated Food and Food Contact products:
- Milk and dairy products
- Preserved and dried fruits
- Oils and fats
- Sugar confectionery
- Chocolate and food preparations containing cocoa
- Fruit Juice
- Natural, mineral and soda water
- Nutritional dough and foods prepared from grains, oilseeds, and their derivatives
- Food Contact Tools
- Production Inputs (Includes raw materials, intermediate goods, additives, flavouring agents, processing aids)
In case of doubt, please contact us to determine if your products are subject to regulation.
NFSA Conformity Assessment Process
Cotecna provides efficient tailor-made verification of conformity services to help exporters comply with all regulations, rules and specifications approved by NFSA. These include:
- Documentary verification
- Laboratory testing at Cotecna NFSA approved laboratories country
- Physical cargo inspection in the exporting country
Cotecna becomes your one-stop-shop when exporting products to Egypt
Request a Certification
To learn more about our verification of conformity programmes, or to request a Certificate of Conformity (COC) for your shipment, please download our VOC contact list mentioned above.
Please note that to receive a quote you will need to have at least the following export documents ready:
- Request for Certification – RFC (available above)
- Pro forma or commercial invoice
Please note that all fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.