Cotton Inspection & Testing
Our inspection and testing services help you ensure the quality and quantity of your cotton in order to meet contractual obligations and minimise risks.
From field to port, our experienced inspectors and analysts are ready to help deliver a wide range of customised services for your cotton shipments.
Cotecna inspects, tests, and verifies cotton in all its forms, such as raw cotton balls, cotton yarn, waste, etc. We offer services that cover every step of the supply chain, from plantation of origin, storage, land and sea transport, through to final destination.
Our scope of services include:
We provide a range of inspection services during shipment and at port, including:
- Sampling and analysis (according to industry methodologies and specifications: e.g. GAFTA).
- On-site grading and weighing
- Loading and discharge supervision
- Vessel hatches and holds inspection
- Draft surveys
- Stock and fumigation monitoring
We can provide a range of testing and analysis services according to international standards, including:
- On-spot and physical testing
- GMO testing
- Chemical, contaminant, and microbiological analyses
We can provide trusted and reliable conformity assessment and certification services for agricultural clients, including:
- Quality and quantity certificates
- International Sustainability Carbon Certification (ISCC)
- Certificates of Conformity (CoC) for conformity assessment programmes
- Secure delivery of electronic certificates via our E-dox™ system