As part of our trusted partnership with the National Food Safety Authority (NFSA), Cotecna becomes your one-stop-shop for Certification and Food Safety, when exporting regulated food and food contact products to Egypt.
Following the publication of Decree n°2 for 2020, NFSA has introduced a Food Consignment Inspection and Certification Programme starting on 1st December 2020. Therefore, as an approved Inspection and Certification body, Cotecna can accompany all exporters in issuing a Certificate of Inspection for regulated food and food contact products.
The regulated food and food contact products list includes:
- Milk and dairy products
- Preserved and dried fruits
- Oils and fats
- Sugar confectionery
- Chocolate and food preparations containing cocoa
- Fruit Juice
- Natural, mineral and soda water
- Nutritional dough and foods prepared from grains, oilseeds, and their derivatives
- Food Contact Tools
- Production Inputs (Includes raw materials, intermediate goods, additives, flavouring agents and processing aids)
NB: Other food products not listed above are still subject to certification requirements under other programmes for which Cotecna can assist you as well, please contact your nearest Cotecna office.
The National Food Safety Agency of Egypt (NFSA) is an open and independent authority to protect consumers’ health and consumers’ interests by ensuring that food consumed, distributed, marketed or produced in Egypt meets the highest standards of food safety and hygiene.