Neotron's GC Department helps the determination of quality and safety of different matrices with gas chromatography.
Gas chromatography, applied to the determination of volatile substances, finds several applications in the food and cosmetic industry, as well as in the pharmaceutical/chemical field, to determine volatile impurities in finished products or raw materials.
In the GC Department of Neotron, a wide range of analysis is carried out in plant and animal products (fruit, vegetables, meat, eggs, milk, etc.), processed products for direct consumption, raw materials for supplements, drinking water, animal feed, pet food and raw materials for livestock.
The primary analysis concern:
- Research of substances such as pesticides in both conventional and organic products or substances that are not intentionally added but could result from transformation processes.
- Specific testing for undesirable substances or pollutants resulting from the product processing phases (e.g. residual solvents such as benzene, toluene or acrylamide, glycidyl esters)
- Check of environmental pollutants such as dioxins and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons.
- High focused testing on both raw materials and finished products in baby lines.
The expertise in Neotron’s GC team is aimed at the food industry, including the quantitative and qualitative analysis of food (profiles of fatty acids and sugars for the nutritional label on commercial packaging, cholesterol content, vegetable oils characterization), the analysis of food additives, and the detection and analysis of contaminants.
Gas chromatography is crucial to the food industry for ensuring quality and safety, preventing contaminated products from becoming available for consumption. While the food industry implements other techniques, gas chromatography remains a highly favoured method due to its ease of use and cost-effectiveness.
Neotron’s GC department has a dedicated instrumentation and recalculation area where technicians process the data validated at the end of the entire analytical cycle. Neotron GC' instrumentation portfolio includes:
- 21 Gas chromatographs
- 23 Gas chromatographs coupled to mass spectrometers
- 3 Gas chromatographs coupled to high-resolution mass spectrometers
To request analysis, or to learn more about the services on the GC Department of Neotron, please do not hesitate to contact the Neotron team for further information https://www.neotron.it/en/contacts