Technical Sales Executive
Cotecna is a leading provider of testing, inspection and certification services. Founded in Switzerland in 1974, Cotecna started off as a family business and has now grown to become a world-class international player with 4000 employees in close to 100 offices in over 50 countries.
Are you looking for a motivating environment where you have the opportunity to be part of a fantastic journey? We are currently looking to hire a Technical Sales Executive based in Dubai, UAE.
We offer a dynamic work environment built on a family spirit where our values are key to our success. We are now investing in and transforming the company for continued success in the future.
The mission of the role is to be accountable for operational & financial performance of Minerals & Metals commodities business line and for the respect of contractual obligations with the regulatory authorities as per contracts and within the frame of Cotecna group policies. TSE is also the official representative of Cotecna Inspection SA, its affiliates and agents (where applicable).
Control and management:
- Financial & Technical responsibility of business line, including complete P&L as per annual budget.
Sales and Marketing:
- Define and implement the sales strategy for the program in close cooperation with reporting head
- Actively watch and benchmark competitors involved in the same program and provide intelligence information.
- Manage regional sales and marketing activities in Minerals & Metals commodities.
- To consistently provide market feedbacks of Gulf & East African region for above referred business activities.
- To update on any changes in countries policy, geo-political situation that might affect our business in the region responsible.
- To ensure proper adherence to business ethics while marketing and to do best in selling our services with reasonable margin agreed with the management.
- Prepare strong business case for development of Minerals & Metals market share.
- Ensure participation in technical committees, meetings, seminars, conferences, reviews with the Principal.
- Guiding the local operations team understand technicalities better and execute job orders as per scope defined.
- Ensure timely and accurate operational reporting to the Principal as per the contract.
- Ensure claim and follow-up complaint with Principal.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years sales and development experience in Minerals & Metals industry or a minimum of 5 years in the TIC industry handling commodity development.
- Good knowledge of international trade practices
- Technical knowledge on Minerals & Metals commodities.
- Field experience in complicated environment.
- Previous experience in dealing with additional commodities clients would be a plus.
- Environmental knowledge (Political, Economic and Cultural) of the area.
- Diplomacy, capacity to build relationship with decision makers.
- Has a strong commercial awareness, understand business / industry fundamentals and customer expectations.
- External and internal customer focus.
- Is result oriented and has a strong sense of financial dynamics.
- Is a self-starter, entrepreneurial, self-motivated and confident.
- Builds teams, is capable of leading and being held accountable.
- High level of integrity, professionalism and discretion.
- Negotiation Skills.
- Knowledge on Minerals & Metals, commodities.
- Conflict resolution
- Proficient in speaking and writing in English and basic local language would be an advantage.
- Presenting and verbal communication skills.
- Basic MS Office skills