Content Writer (France)
Cotecna is a leading provider of testing, inspection and certification services. Founded in Switzerland in 1974, Cotecna started off as a family business and has now grown to become a world-class international player with 4000 employees in close to 100 offices in over 50 countries.
The Content Writer will be responsible for producing creative content for a variety of digital platforms to increase visibility and promote current Cotecna’s VOC service/programmes (70%) and other key business lines (30%).
- Research and propose content for speeches, presentations, and other sensitive materials for internal and external audiences whilst ensuring alignment with the company’s strategy and communications positioning.
- Responsible for writing, editing, coordinating and publishing creative content such as whitepapers, case studies, infographics, news, articles, and SM posts across various digital platforms (i.e. websites, social media, advertising, podcasts, mailing tool, etc.)
- Understand digital marketing/SEO best practices to optimize content and advance the team's SEO strategy to drive traffic to Cotecna websites.
- Proofread marketing copy to ensure brand compliance, tone of voice, messaging, quality adapted for various digital channels.
- Generate ideas for posts and videos on TIC subjects and of broad interest
- Ensure content published is scrutinized for quality, accuracy and in line with Cotecna editorial guidelines.
- Support the planning, scheduling, creative briefing and production of international photo and video shoots. Share the responsibility for art direction of photo and video shoots, taking creative responsibility and managing the logistics and operations throughout the shoot.
Qualifications, Experience, and Technical Skills
- Strong organisation, attention-to-detail, and project management skills
- Solid ability to formulate original content ideas.
- High-level production and editing skills with a proven ability to create and build engaging content, requiring an ability to tailor communication to different audiences.
- A strong can-do attitude, able to take on challenges and apply best practice learnings to achieve high-performance results in this fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent storytelling capabilities to bring ideas to life.
- Skilled writers, and editors, with a strong grasp of grammar, style, and on-brand writing.
- Ability to plan engaging static and video content for online and social media.
- Able to execute on-brief and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Build rapport and trust quickly with a wide range of people both internally and externally.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. French, Arabic or Spanish a plus.
- Good grasp of the key metrics which help determine and drive content success from a user engagement, data and SEO perspective.
- An understanding of Google Analytics and other web traffic reporting tools is an advantage.
- Web content management and HTML skills a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in multimedia, communications or related discipline and knowledge.
- Minimum 3 years of experience and knowledge working in a content production rôle.
- International/global exposure (preferably in the B2B sector).