Conformity Assessment Coordinator (Kenner, LA or USA Remote Location)
Cotecna is a leading provider of testing, inspection and certification services. Founded in Switzerland in 1974, Cotecna started off as a family business and has now grown to become a world-class international player with 4000 employees in close to 100 offices in over 50 countries.
As of today, the Verification of Conformity activity is a significant component of the strategic development for Cotecna for the coming years, and it will offer further career opportunities for those who are willing to take this challenge with us.
The mission of Cotecna is to deliver efficient, accurate and timely results to the customer. Listening to our client's needs and our employees' concerns and ideas are critical elements for Cotecna's success.
The Coordinator will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Government Trade Solutions sector under the direction of the Operations Manager.
The Coordinator will perform their responsibilities according to the Company's Quality Management System, Standard Operating Procedures and Policies.
- Respond to customers inquiries and provides the guidelines and steps for export conformity as per the SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) of the importing country.
- Exporter and product evaluation
- Assess the requests to identify product essential requirements and applicable standards following the Business Rules on conformity assessment, classification, import eligibility and process flows, Conformity Assessment Instructions (CAIs), and other related references.
- Ensure correct and timely issuance of Certificate of Conformity (COC), Statement of registration (SOR) and Statement of License (SOL) in relation to the productivity and quality targets of the Certification Center.
- Provide quality and technical guidance for product classification and certification.
- Attend to all other operational concerns regarding Report issuance
- Provide timely and effective responses to the network in relation to inquiries concerning essential product requirements, standards, and classification and service request inquiries.
- Liaise with internal overseas offices, acting as Contract Management Offices (CMO), Liaison Offices (LO) and Technical Offices (TO) for support and guidance.
- Elevate cases of non-response status or high-risk disputes to Supervisor or Management.
- Actively attends and participates in team and company meetings/assemblies
- Interact with other members of the Product Experts Team he/she belongs in the attainment of the team’s objective
- Assist in maintaining the Company Quality Management System and the Certification Center’s compliance to the IFIA-CBCA Code of Practice and relevant standards (e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 17020)
- Provide detailed instructions to field inspectors to perform audits, inspections or any other execution activities required for the conformity assessment.
- Track, monitor and evaluate performance of field inspectors and external laboratories.
- Create, maintain, and invoice job files in the company IT platforms.
- Perform duties or other responsibilities which may be assigned by the Management.
Qualifications, Experience, and Technical Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- At least 1 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Knowledge of conformity assessment (accreditation systems, product certification, product testing, inspection protocols and industrial metrology) is an advantage.
- Interpret and applies Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), technical regulations and standards.
- Strong written and communication skills Confidentiality.
- Professional and courteous customer service.
- Proficient in administrational duties including MS Office and online platforms
- Fluent in English. Spanish would be a plus but not required.
Please note that being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment and that we will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran
Cotecna Inspection is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, marital status, genetics, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status and those laws, directives, and regulations of Federal, State, and Local governing bodies or agencies. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the following:
EEO is the Law Poster: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf