Business Development Executive
Cotecna is a leading provider of testing, inspection and certification services. Founded in Switzerland in 1974, Cotecna started off as a family business and has now grown to become a world-class international player with 4000 employees in close to 100 offices in over 50 countries.
The role's mission is to prepare a platform for sales activity under certification, inspection and bespoke service delivery to operations and business development teams. You will contact (meetings/phone/email/online) key decision-makers in businesses nationwide (both new and existing) with the aim of creating new and continued business relationships, selling products & services from Cotecna’s portfolio.
New Business Development
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn these into increased business (annual budget responsibility of USD 30K)
- Cold call as appropriate within the market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging existing and new networks.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision-makers and the company’s practise leaders/Principals.
- Plan approaches and pitches.
- Work with the team to develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
Business Development Planning
- Design and execute sales campaigns
- Carry out sales forecasts and analysis and present findings to senior management.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company's unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Work with other staff to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled in a timely manner.
Qualifications, Experience, and Technical Skills
- A thorough knowledge of the Verification of Conformity - Saudi (SASO) Contract for Development market (with focus on SABER, IECEE, QM, Energy Efficiency in general), the solutions/services the company can provide, and of the company's competitors.
- Minimum 2 Year experience in the Testing, Inspection & Certification (TIC) Industry.
- Native Arabic speaker with a bachelor’s degree and good hold over English Language, Saudi Nationals preferred
- Eager to expand the company with new sales, clients, and territories
- Able to analyse data and sales statistics and translate results into better solutions
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge
- Demonstrated and proven sales results
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Fluent communication in person, on the phone, and in email
- Abide by all non-compete/solicit agreements