Business Developer, Testing Inspection & Certification
Cotecna is a leading provider of testing, inspection and certification services. Founded in Switzerland in 1974, Cotecna started off as a family business and has now grown to become a world-class international player with 4000 employees in close to 100 offices in over 50 countries.
Founded in Switzerland in 1974, the Cotecna group offers a wide range of trade facilitation services, trade security services and quality certification standards. The Cotecna Group has a combined workforce of about 4,000 employees and agents in close to 100 offices and holds 16 government inspection contracts.
Building on its leading position in pre-shipment inspection and risk management, Cotecna has extended its expertise to conformity, testing, auditing and conformity assessment. Several countries have appointed Cotecna to carry out Verification of Conformity (also known as Conformity Assessment) of imported goods and issue Certificates of Conformity in the exporting country.
As of today, the Verification of Conformity activity is a significant component of the strategic development for Cotecna for the coming years, and it will offer further career opportunities for those who are willing to take this challenge with us.
Cotecna's flat and dynamic organization welcomes those looking for challenges, autonomy and an open-minded environment. Listening to our client's needs and our employees' concerns and ideas are critical elements for Cotecna's success.
The Business Developers Testing Inspection & Certification will challenge developing our commercial activities in Germany with potential future developments in the surrounding countries. The activities' scope will mainly focus on Verification of Conformity programs (SABER-SALEEM / SONCAP / PROGEC etc.….).
This position offers an excellent opportunity for entrepreneurship-minded and autonomous people eager to start a business from scratch in one of the above countries and develop their careers in a multinational environment.
- Explore, identify, contact and prospect potential. Create ad hoc database of customers
- Turn prospects into new customers by closing deals and achieve sales targets
- Manage and grow the sales of the existing clients by capturing additional products and/or by extending our services to other Verification of Conformity programs.
- Manage the relationships with clients’ portfolio
- Handle customers issues and after sales issues
- Work closely and proactively with the BD Manager and the Verification of Conformity Marketing Manager in accordance with the general marketing strategy
- Design, update and propose the local marketing plans to the management
Qualifications, Experience, and Technical Skills
- Bachelor degree in International Trade or equivalent
- Minimum 3-4 years B2B successful sales experience
- Proven experience and strong knowledge of Product Conformity Assessment (procedures and standards)
- Fluent in local language and very good knowledge of English. French would be a plus
Competencies & Skills
- Ambitious, energetic and dynamic person with the ability to work under pressure
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Good business sense with strong ability to close deals
- Marketing capabilities
- Results-oriented, self-motivated person
- Sound knowledge of administrative procedures
- Flexibility, autonomy, initiative
- Learning ability