Area Financial Controller - Caspian, Black & Baltic Seas
Cotecna is a leading provider of testing, inspection and certification services. Founded in Switzerland in 1974, Cotecna started off as a family business and has now grown to become a world-class international player with 4000 employees in close to 100 offices in over 50 countries.
The Area Financial Controller mission will be to provide strong support in terms of financial analysis (Budget, 3YFP & Reforecast processes, Capex reviews, Acquisition, business case etc). She/he will also provide necessary coaching to Country Finance Managers/ Departments.
This position is ideal for candidates intending to join a dynamic, entrepreneur and flat organization. We offer a good opportunity for those willing to be at the earth of business, while providing her/his sound finance expertise to support the company's ambitions.
This position can be located in any of our affiliates in the Area (Odessa in Ukraine, Moscow or St Petersburg or Novorossiysk or Rostov in Russia, Istanbul in Turkey)
Business Support to Caspian, Baltics, and Black Sea Affiliates (the "Area")
- Provide business analysis to review business with Country Managers (CM) and Area Vice President (Area VP)
- Provide exception reports on deviations by country and for the region
- Work with CMs and respective Finance teams to support and guide them
- Work on Capex with the business/CMs
- Participate in acquisition discussions and preparation of business case and follow on due diligence
- Credit Control
- Review accuracy of Monthly Closing process,
- Budget / Reforecast / 3YFP processes
- Assistance regarding the management of Group accounting policies in entities under his/her responsibility (management of 2 sets of account: local/fiscal versus Group)
Consolidation process (half and yearly):
- In charge of full accuracy of Area consolidated package
- In charge of Interco reconciliation within the Area and outside it.
- Assistance on any other consolidation steps depending on the needs
In charge of statutory financial statements inventory:
- Ensure that Headquarters will have a copy of each statutory financial statements of each affiliate
- Ensure that any needed documents are presented when signatures are required in Headquarters
- Reviewing of accuracy of reconciliation between consolidated package and final statutory financial statements
Qualifications, Experience, and Technical Skills
- Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting
- At least 10 years of experience in Finance, which must include minimum 3 years in a Controlling function for multinational companies, ideally in the Testing, Inspection and Certification industry
- IFRS knowledge
- Solid experience to manage both Group vs Local accounting processes
- Fluency in English and Russian, spoken & written, another language a plus.
- Ability to interact with different internal Business Partners
- Ability to understand the cross-cultural/ cross country accounting practices and specifics
- Advanced Accounting academic background or equivalent (CPA, ACCA…)