Cotecna is a leading provider of testing, inspection and certification services. Founded in Switzerland in 1974, Cotecna started off as a family business and has now grown to become a world-class international player with 4000 employees in close to 100 offices in over 50 countries.
Within the rapid development of our activities in Turkey, we are seeking for a solid and passionate Agri Manager Turkey. Her/his mission will be to lead sales, marketing and operations of our Agri services in Turkey, contributing to reinforcing our strong position in the area and worldwide in this sector.
- Lead sales, marketing and operation of the Agri department.
- Prepare the department’s budget with GM, develop sales strategies and make pre & post analysis for all sales activities within the country.
- Be responsible for P&L management of the department.
- Create a systematic marketing and sales plan based on prioritization of target customers and in-depth analysis of the market. Promote company capabilities to clients.
- Set a specific bid price and sales approach for each targeted customer.
- Communicate with potential clients, manages the relations with key clients and prepare plans for business developments. Identify opportunities.
- Be responsible for cash collection and budget targets of the department.
- Be responsible for the assessment and rationale for new staff to the department.
- Ensure all operations are handled in accordance to standards, instructions, quality objectives and contract terms.
- Be responsible for claims management and preventive measures.
- Report on customers complains to GM and Area management, produce a solution together with staff in charge. Together with GM suggest preventive measures and tools.
- Determines operation equipment-device requirements for purchasing.
- Keep abreast of the market and regulatory environment related to agricultural commodities in Turkey. Identify market opportunities.
- Elaborate, present and, when approved, implement business plans for new, innovative developments and projects.
- Increase Cotecna market share trough increasing business with existing and new clients, new projects and new businesses.
- Present and implement innovative projects.
Qualifications, Experience, and Technical Skills
- Academic degree
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience in agri-food business with strong operational and international exposure, of which a minimum of 5 years in the Testing
- Inspection-Certification (TIC) industry
- Has a strong commercial awareness, understand business/industry fundamentals and customer expectations
- Strong communication skills
- Clients relationship skills
- Attention to details. Operations-oriented
- Results-oriented and has a strong sense of financial dynamics
- Self-starter, self-motivated and self-confident
- Capable of leading and being held accountable
- Fluent in spoken and written Turkish and English