Our VOC programmes ensure that shipments conform to local importing regulations.
About Verification of Conformity
Consumers everywhere trust that the products they purchase are of sufficient quality and do not represent a risk to their health and safety, or to the environment. Unfortunately, this is not always the case.
Our Verification of Conformity programmes are compulsory mechanisms imposed by Governments that involves checking imports before they are shipped in order to ensure that they meet the required quality and safety standards of the importing country.
To achieve this, Cotecna combines document verification, sample collection for lab analysis, and physical inspection to assess the conformity of each shipment. If conformity is established, Cotecna delivers a mandatory Certificate of Conformity (COC) recognized in the country of import. The certificate prevents the shipment from being rejected and allows importers to clear their goods efficiently.
Conformity Assessment Process
While the specific process may differ depending on the country, all conformity assessment programmes follow a broad 5 step process:
- Preliminary verification – initial evaluation where we determine the parameters, specifications and competences required.
- Preparation – implementation of all the actions decided while doing the preliminary verification.
- Evaluation – once the laboratory test reports, inspection and/or audit reports are received, we verify that their results correspond to the parameters of the standards and the scope of application defined in previous step.
- Certification – decision to certify is made here. Ultimately, the certification decision is materialised with the issuance of a Certificate of Conformity (CoC) or a Non-Conformity Report (NCR).
- Surveillance – continuous conformity assessment of certified products with regards to requirements of the importing market.
Learn more about the conformity assessment process.
Conformity assessment programs provide numerous advantages for both Governments as well as exporters and importers.
- Eliminates customs bottlenecks in importing country
- Reduces storage issues at ports
- Guarantees all imported products are compliant with international & local standards
- Reinforces consumer safety
- Builds local customs competencies through training and capacity building programs
- Ensures conformity with WTO Technical Barriers to Trade agreement
For Exporters / Importers
- Faster Customs clearance
- Reduces need for local laboratory analysis or additional testing
- Offers better consumer protection against dangerous, substandard or counterfeit products
- Protects local industry from unfair competition due to poor quality imports
Conformity Assessment Programmes
Cotecna inspects, tests and verifies goods for export to the following countries:
To learn more about our verification of conformity service, or to request a Certificate of Conformity (COC) for your shipment, please send us a message using the form below. Alternatively, to contact your local Cotecna office directly, please consult our Contact list.
Please note that to receive a quote you will need to provide us with at least the following export documents: