What we do
Cotecna provides a Tariff / HS code classification service to the International trade community to minimise the financial risk of penalties levied for mis-declaration. We are aware of the increasing pressures felt amongst traders and their agents keen to avoid the large fines charged by some government bodies and our service is designed to minimise this exposure.
We have over 25 years of experience in providing reliable classification services to our customers who include Government bodies around the World. Our analysts have successfully completed World Customs Organisation (WCO) training and have a wealth of product knowledge and experience.
- Reassurance that the correct Tariff / HS code can be declared as you will be employing the service of an organisation that has the required knowledge and expertise to do this on your behalf
- Minimise the risk of incurring fines for mis-declaration should you submit an incorrect code on your paperwork
- Avoidance of the risk of shipping inspectable goods before formalities are completed in the Country of supply
- Prior knowledge of whether you will incur import duty liabilities
- Access to guidance on the changes made in the WCO 2012 version of the Nomenclature
If you believe that your company would benefit from our expertise in this area we will be happy to discuss your specific requirements and explain how our knowledge and experience will be of benefit to you. For more information please send us an email.
Download our infosheet
For more details of our service, or to print a copy, please download our customs tariff classification infosheet (PDF):