PSI is a physical inspection of goods, requested by the government of the importing country, prior to the shipment of the goods.
Cotecna’s PSI services cover:
- verifying the quality and quantity of imports
- verifying the accuracy of tariff codes classification
- assisting Customs with collecting the correct amount of duties & taxes
- providing Customs with an independent opinion of the dutiable value for customs purposes
- computing the correct duties and taxes payable
- providing Customs with an up-to-date price database and statistics related to trade and customs revenue
Overall, PSI helps to: detect over-invoicing to prevent unjustified transfer of foreign exchange abroad; determine the classification and valuation of goods; and ensure the correct collection of import duties and taxes by Customs authorities.