An inspection agent is in charge of verifying and controlling merchandise.
He intervenes mainly within:
- Inspection at loading and/or unloading. He supervises loading or unloading operations to check whether the goods are in agreement with the contract specifications regarding quality and quantity.
- Weight verification. Inspection agent supervises also scales and weighbridge operations; draught surveys on sea vessels.
- Sampling at loading/unloading or in factory. Sampling of bulk cargo or of merchandise according to the buyer's requirement and/or recognized trade rules.
- Verification of compliance. Cotecna’s inspection agents perform physical inspection, collection of samples for laboratory testing, and verification of product’s compliance against standard of import.
- Bonded Warehouse Management. Cotecna’s inspection agents perform a real-time inventory controls until release.