Inspection mandate is an inspection contract whereby a person, the principal (governments or private sector), gives to other person, the agent (Cotecna), the right to make one or more legal acts on his behalf and on his behalf.
Obligation of parties :
- The principal has an obligation to abide by the terms of the contract if remuneration was provided.
- The agent for its part must respect the mission entrusted to it and accountable to the principal.
Most often, Cotecna is mandated by governments to conduct:
- Trade Surveillance services,
- Trade Facilitation and Trade Security services, including Destination Inspection (DI), Pre-shipment Inspection (PSI), and
- Supply Chain Security solutions.
Cotecna increasingly is mandated by the private sector, to give clients, in whatever industry, a broad range of services, which include:
- Pre-shipment and/or Post-landing (destination) Inspections
- Tally surveys
- Stock monitoring programmes
- Draught surveys
- Sampling and analysis
- Damage surveys, etc.