A Clean Report of Findings (CRF) is a report issued by an inspection firm, specifying that the price has been verified and the goods have been inspected before shipment, and that both of these comply with the buyer’s specifications. The process involved in producing a CRF at Cotecna is as follows:
- The importer forwards a pro-forma invoice to Cotecna, along with a document stating its intent to import.
- Cotecna creates an Inspection Order (IO), which is e-mailed to Cotecna in the country of export.
- Cotecna in the country of export makes an appointment with the exporter for inspection, performs this inspection, and classifies the goods and valuation and issues a Report of Findings (ROF).
- The ROF is e-mailed to Cotecna in the country of import, which then issues the Clean Report of Findings (CRF).
- The CRF is printed on security paper and forwarded to both the importer and the local Customs authorities.